Dr. Warren C. Stout, M.D., one of the founders of the USC Doheny Eye Institute Refractive Laser Medical Center, is an internationally recognized Cosmetic Laser Specialist and a rare fellowship-trained Oculoplastic surgeon.
“It is my philosophy that plastic surgery should enhance, as oppose to alter, the natural beauty of the patient. I view my cosmetic surgery as restorative artwork. By simply striving to restore people’s eyes to their former youthful appearances, I never cause them to appear unnatural or overdone.
Many patients come into my office nervous, both about the procedure itself and the eventual outcome. As a doctor, I strive not only to reassure patients with my experience and ability, but also to know me personally and to understand my natural approach. It is important to me to earn my patient’s trust so that they can be comfortable with me during the entire procedure.”
Dr. Warren C. Stout
Dr. Stout appreciates that just as no two faces are alike, no two eyes are alike. He recognizes the unique demands of age, gender, lifestyle, and ethnicity. The eyelid area is extremely delicate, and having an Oculofacial specialist perform your blepharoplasty allows for a safe procedure with natural-looking results.
Considered a pioneer in laser technology, Dr. Stout uses a laser to not only increase precision but also to decrease bruising and downtime, creating a result that is both subtle and natural.
In addition to performing laser cosmetic procedures, Dr. Stout uses his training and knowledge about the anatomy and aesthetics of the face for:
- Restorative purposes: removing and reconstructing areas affected by tumors, as well as repairing congenital problems, trauma, and other physicians’ cosmetic surgery mishaps.
- Non-invasive cosmetic procedures: Restylane®, Juvederm™, Botox® Cosmetic, Fraxel® Laser Treatments, IPL/Photofacial™ Treatments and Eyes by Thermage®.
Honors, Professional Distinctions & Education
- Named as one of the nation’s Top Doctors by U.S. News and World Report since 2012
- Recognized by Castle Connolly as a Los Angeles Top Doctor
- Recognized by Pasadena Magazine as a Top Doctor every year since they began the award in 2008
- Dr. Stout co-founded the USC Doheny Eye Institute Refractive Laser Medical Center in 1992. The Center was a research facility exclusively until 1995, when it opened to outside physicians. He served on the Board of Directors for 12 years.
- Dr. Stout is an Associate Professor, USC Keck School of Medicine, instructing other surgeons on the latest laser techniques.
- Fellow of The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, Inc.
- The Royal Society of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, The Eye MD Association
- Leading Physicians of the World
- California Medical Association
- Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Of Miami Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, consistently rated as #1 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report.
- Interned in Internal Medicine at Los Angeles County-University of Southern California School of Medicine.
- Resident in Ophthalmology at Keck School of Medicine USC Doheny Eye Institute, routinely ranked in the top 10 training programs nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
- M.D. from Southern Illinois University; completed in three years, after achieving his B.S. in Chemistry at the same institution.